Tuesday 9 August 2022

My holiday

Good morning friends, 
I have been away on holiday in Norway for 12 days and I am back in Scotland by now. 
Travelling to Norway went great, we drove to Aberdeen and spent the night at a hotel next to the airport. There were hundreds of little wild bunnies  running around, they were ever so cute.


We had dinner at the only restuarant that didn't belong to any of the hotels, Dyce Farm I think. 

When we went back to the hotel we caught the sunset. 
The flight went really well, no issues and no delays. Yay! 


Finally arrived in Norway, we relaxed the first day and just enjoyed the sunshine. The following day it was a birthday celebration...my step sister's son turned 8. Obviously we're not really close as our parents got married when we were all adults, and we live in different countries. Just how it is. 

We also went for a day trip in our sailboat, I loved it, but not sure if my husband and daughter enjoyed it equally much. I grew up spending weeks on end sailing every summer, so I am really at home on the ocean. 

Here's some pictures from that day.











We also went to our Hytte, which is a holiday house or perhaps you want to call it a cottage. I have also spent a great amount of time at this place during my childhood and teenage years. 

Another thing we managed to do , was to get tickets for the Kaptein Sabeltann show (Captain Sabertooth), The first time I went to this was only the second year of the shows, I think it started at 9 pm and finished maybe at 10 pm. I am not sure, as it is a few years ago by now. 
The second time was around ten years ago and now this summer. It started at 11pm and finished half past midnight. YES, this is a childrens show!! 

It has been running for 30 years this year, and still children really love it, I bet the patens of these kids that love it now, they loved the Kaptein Sabeltann themselves when they were little. I was 13 or so when it started, so just that little bit too old to love it. Here's a link to  Wikipedia, where you can read a little about it, it has not been updated the last couple of year.
And here's the official You Tube channel where you can hear and see the songs

I think these were probably the highlights of our stay in Southern Norway, apart from spending time with family and friends.




Now, it's back to normal here in Scotland. I have already worked one day, and been asked to do a few extra shifts during my next working days. 
The manager is 6 staff down, so she was very thankful that I could help out. 

I don't mind, but I would really like to receive some cash bonus for all the extra affort I have put in this last year. 
It wont happen, but it would be nice!

For the rest of this day off, I plan to try and tidy up in the spare bedroom. It seems to never ever get fully tidyed up. I must be doing something wrong. 

I'll be back soon, until then. Take care of yourself, and thank you for visiting me here. 

Much love, Linn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for the visit, hope to see you soon!