Friday 27 January 2023

A catch up

Hi. Hello.  Long time, no see. 
Yes, it has most certainly been a long while ago since I have regularly updated anything. 
It is a brand new year, with hopefully new successes. 
I finished 2022 with a win in NaNoWriMo for the first time ever. It was hard going and I haven't written a single word since Nov. 30. 


Nevermind. I'll get back to it soon. As it it a new year, I decided to start knitting a temperature blanket. Just a plain blanket with the colour matching today's temperature.  Here's a picture of my little meager start of a year long project. By now, it has been 14 days (started on Friday 13th of Jan) and I will try to update every once in a while.


What else, I guess I am thinking... a lot, about this and that and everything. My mind is overrun by thoughts. We're watching The Walking Dead, from start to finish, it's fun and it's scary. I am not worried about zombies exactly, but I do think of how the world that we know could end. Especially with things going on in the world, from war to greedy people that want to exploit others to be richer than rich. 

I'd rather live in peace with nature, use only natural clothing and eat only foods from natural sources. It's just not that easy, it seems that meat is more and more difficult to get a hold of. And I eat meat. Maybe I just need to get my own cow, bull and calf and grow a heard from scratch. Just a shame that my small garden behind the house is barely enough to keep chickens. Which I don't. I would very much like to though. One day maybe... 

But for now, I'll just try to avoid certain things. I avoid fast fashion, and the goal is to wear something me- made every day. It's easy enough in the winter with all my knitted sweaters and scarves, but for the summer...it's a little more tricky. I'm trying to finish a dress, and I sew only by hand, so it definitely takes time. But I really enjoy it. 
Will share a picture sometime soon.

 I wonder...
Maybe I'll share some of my houseplants too, I like plants and have done so since I was about 14 years old. That's like.....30 years ago!! wow. Nevermind, age is but a number. 

And honestly, I think I have a different view than some. Maybe most? 
I hope I'll be back soon, with another update. Perhaps more often than before. Maybe 2023 is the year I return fully to my blogging life. 

We shall see. 
Until next time. Much love to you all, Linn














No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for the visit, hope to see you soon!