Sunday 6 June 2021

Relaxing

After all the stress since March, with work and long hours at work..and the dog during the last weekend, I really need to slow down and try to relax a bit and take better care of myself. 

The best way for me to do this is to get my sewing out. It has been lying in a drawer for weeks and it's been at the back of my mind almost every day. 
Yesterday I dug it out and started to sew a new dress. I have misplaced the instructions for sewing, so I am just whinging it. 

The material is very thin, so it's really just a tester and I'm not too worried about it. I am sure I'll learn something on the way. The more I sew, the better I'll be at sewing. 

I still call myself a novice mantuamaker, but with each day I sew and every seam I finish, I'll be just that bit better at it. 
This is my whole goal really. Wish I had started 20 years ago, but I was just not really ready at that time. 

Never to late to start someting you enjoy, and I enjoy sewing. 

Linn x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for the visit, hope to see you soon!