Sunday 31 May 2015

Getting fit

Another goal I have for the last part of this year is to get fit. I started this year with the goal of running 320 miles, and I have far to go.

I started well at the beginning of the new year, but then I got this cold and it stuck with me for months. But, I am now absolutely fine, it has just been a little hard getting my running MOJO back.

I think I might have found it.  Last weekend we had a visitor from home, my friend from University many years ago..and her daughter runs..maybe even alot. So she (my friend) was buying new running shoes for her daughter and I really fancy anew pair..but not until I can actually complete a 5 k run with a new personal best.

I guess that's the carrot I need...and of course, running shoes are expensive, so I have to save up for them.

I guess....this is one of the most recent pictures of me...April 2015. Not very happy in this picture.  I have been very unhappy with myself for a long time now. I guess this is the time to do something about it.

So far, I have run 30 miles since December..so not anywhere near my goal. AND we are halfway through the year..! No wonder why I need to get my running shoes on a bit more often. Wish me luck lovelies.

Have a great Sunday out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for the visit, hope to see you soon!