Wednesday 15 February 2012

Scared

What a day I have had....I had been away helping out at a Weight Watchers meeting in Shettleston and came home , let the cat out and then saw something brown-ish lying on the lawn of my backgarden. What is that? Is it a Tesco bag that has blown away..so I went out to investigate. And MY GOD, it was a FOX! A real live fox lying in my garden..it didn't move, it was just lying there and stared at me. My hands shaking and yes..I was a bit scared

I ran in, phoned my husband and he said that SSPCA was the best option, so I phoned them. I was told to make lots of noise to see if it could move..I did and it turned around and crawled in the hedge..but I could still see it's tail. So..I went out again while speaking to an SSPCA Officer and by the time she had arrived it had crawled or limped away. It had been hit by a car at some point..my upstairs neighbour said it had been there since atleat 11 this morning and my other neighbour said she let her dog out at 3 last night(???) and her dog had been barking like mad and she NEVER barks..so the fox was probably around then as well...poor thing.

.Now I know that if you get as close and 1.5 m. then you can phone SSPCA and they can rescue it..if it runs away before you get that close...they will never catch it...

This is not MY fox, but it was very similar!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for the visit, hope to see you soon!